Contenu en cours de création
Effectiveness versus Efficiency - You can be as productive as you want, but if you are focusing on the wrong things, you won’t end up going where you want to be.
Use courage and wisdom, not labor - lean into the emotional work, run towards the fear, and identify and execute on the thing that you are avoiding doing.
Systems always win - so how can we set up systems to manage our known psychological biases?
Do more of less - how do we avoid task switching costs and focus on what's truly important?
Treat it like an experiment - failure isn’t fatal but serves as feedback to make better future experiments. It’snot something to be afraid of, to worry about or to avoid.
Vertical coherence - we're going to be like the geneticists who have this vertical coherence in their work andthroughout their lives.
Fixing time, flexing scope - learning how to set deadlines that again manage our psychological biases andinternal clocks.
Module 1: Your 25-Year Vision and Quarterly Plan
1.0 - Introduction: Why Career Planning is Career Limiting
The purpose of the Long-Range and Quarterly Planning Module is to help you work towards what we refer to as Product / Market / Founder Fit.
This means finding the overlap between what you are good at (founder), what you like to do on a day-to-day basis (market), and what the market wants (product).
After 90 days, you are free to change your mind or your direction. Ninety Days is right at the intersection of overestimating and underestimating. We often overestimate how much we can get done in a day, but underestimate how much we can get done in a year.
1.1 - Creating Your 25-Year Vision: Getting Clarity
Aspirational Vision Template
“If you were reading this twenty five years from today, and reflecting on the events of those twenty five years, what has to have happened in your [INSERT AREA] life for you to feel successful?”
Remember: This is goal setting. Don’t start identifying problems, just set goals.
[Identify Problems] What challenges need to be overcome? (Be very precise)
[Diagnose Problems]For each one, diagnose it. What are the root causes? Use the 5 Whys?
What opportunities need to be captured?
What strengths need to be leveraged?
1.2 - The Quarterly Review: Turning Mistakes into Fuel
1.3 - 90-Day Planning: Choosing your North Star
1.4 - Conclusion: Dealing with Imposter Syndrome and the Answer to "What if it Doesn't Work?"
Module 2: The Weekly Planning & Review
2.0 - Introduction: How to Make Decisions Easy, Fast and Fun
2.1 - The Weekly Reflection: Regaining Clarity and the Primacy of Priming
2.2 - The Weekly Review: Why Airplanes Never Land at The Wrong Place (and You Shouldn't Either)
2.3 - Weekly Planning: The Lead Domino Theory
Module 3: Daily Structure
3.1 - Your Daily Ritual: How to Design Your Ideal Day
3.2 - Daily Review: Five Questions That Will Keep You Happy and Productive
40 years of research
- Getting Things Done - David Allen
- The Power of Full Engagement by Tony Schwartz
- Work the System - Sam Carpenter
- The Emyth Revisited - Michael Gerber
- Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
- Daily Rituals - Mason Currey
- The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg
- The One Thing - Garry Keller
- Productivity Habits of Super Achievers - Darren Hardy
- Essentialism - Greg McKeown
- Start with Why - Simon Sinek
- Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
- The Twelve Week Year - Brian P. Moran
- The Four Hour Work Week - Tim Ferriss
- Maker's Schedule, Manager's Schedule - Paul Graham
- Principles - Day Ralio
- Getting Results the Agile Way - J.D. Meier
- THe Happiness Hypothethis - Jonathan Haidt
- Startup School - Seth Godin
- Linchpin - Seth Godin
- The War of Art - Steven Pressfield
- Deep Work - Cal Newport
- Good to Great - Jim Collins
- The Rockefeller Habits - Verne Harnish
- Titan - Ron Chernow
- House of Morgan - Ron Chernow
- Letters to Sharholders - Warren Buffet
- Antifragile - Nassim Taleb
- The Black Swan - Nassim Taleb
- Fooled by Randomness - Nassim Taleb